top of page
Managed by the Chloride Cemetery Association
The Chloride Cemetery has been in existence since before the town of Chloride was even plotted, according to a map from the Department of the Interior dated March, 1917. Earliest headstones date back to 1904, 1906, and 1910. There are some unmarked graves circled in stones that could predate the turn of the century. By 1967, the cemetery needed to be enlarged. The Mohave County Board of Supervisors applied for land from the BLM. Due to mineral rights conflicts, it wasn't until July 1973 that there was a title transfer from BLM to the Supervisors. In April 1979, for the sum of $10, a quit claim deed was issued to the Chloride Cemetery Association, a group of dedicated community volunteers who now oversee and manage the cemetery. All of the graves are listed on www.findagrave.com.
bottom of page