Chloride Baptist Church

         Chloride Baptist Church

 

 

At one time, Chloride had six churches. The only one remaining today is located on Payroll Avenue.  It was started in 1891 as a Methodist-Episcopal Church. In 1902, it became a Presbyterian Church, continuing until 1916 when Pastor Franklin Day took over.  He supervised the building of the church that is standing today. Since 1947, the church has been associated with the Southern Baptist Convention.